USMEF has grown in many ways since its doors opened in 1976. This growth and related achievements in export markets around the world have been made possible through the outstanding support and dedication of USMEF members and industry partners.
The Distinguished Service Award recognizes an individual for his or her leadership and lifetime contributions toward the achievement of our organization’s export goals. This year, the USMEF Distinguished Service Award will be presented at our Strategic Planning Conference, which will be held Nov. 1-3, 2017, in Tucson, Arizona.
USMEF member nominations are needed to ensure that we identify and honor a deserving individual whose leadership and involvement in USMEF and USMEF activities have made a significant impact on our work in international markets.
The guidelines for eligibility are as follows:
- Nominees from all industry sectors and segments are eligible: livestock, feedgrain and soybean production; farm industry; agribusiness (supply and service); research and technology; packing and processing; purveying and trading; and trade policy.
- Nominees do not have to be current or former USMEF members.
- Nominees may not be current members of the Executive Committee.
- Nominees may be from the government sector.
- The individual may be honored posthumously.
- Nominee must be nominated by a current dues-paying USMEF member.
To submit a nomination, download a copy of the nomination form. Send completed nominations to Jackie Boubin, USMEF director of meeting services, at email@example.com or fax to 303-623-0297 by Monday, July 10.
A list of past Distinguished Service Award recipients is available online. If you have questions about the award or the nominating process, please email Jackie Boubin in the USMEF Denver office or call her at 303-623-6328.