|POSITION TITLE:||Programs and Social Media Specialist|
|REPORTS TO:||Assistant Vice President, International Marketing and Programs|
|DEPARTMENT:||#17, International Marketing and Programs|
Scope of Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Programs and Social Media Specialist relate to USMEF’s international marketing program planning and development process, cross-market collaboration, as well as supporting program evaluation. These responsibilities include working closely with USMEF’s Marketing Department and international office staff to: a) support staff in writing draft funding proposals, reports, and evaluations for specified funding sources; b) identify and coordinate unique and successful tactics in the food service, retail, and consumer sectors and ensure collaboration across markets; c) coordinate, report and align social media strategies with broader marketing and communications strategies; and d) effectively incorporate evaluation findings and recommendations into USMEF’s strategic planning process and reporting.
- Assist the Marketing Department and international office directors in developing funding proposals, reports, and evaluations to support USMEF’s marketing strategy/plan; ensuring opportunities/constraints are accurately described.
- Establish and define strategic performance measures for assigned markets. Assist in drafting sections of the funding applications for major funding partners, as well as state groups, in assigned markets (e.g. National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and National Pork Board).
- Work with markets to understand activity objectives, timing, and budget plans to ensure efficient and effective use of funds.
- Draft sections of country/market overviews (Strategic Market Profiles).
- Review evaluation projects and surveys in assigned markets. Incorporate results into annual strategic planning process, market evaluations, and for USMEF reporting.
- Identify articles and success stories for USMEF distribution.
- Respond to information requests related to USMEF marketing programs or general market conditions.
- Other research, analysis and preparation of reports to assist with decision making.
- Exhibiting at trade shows or conventions.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
- Assume other duties as requested.
- Continually engage international offices to further understand and update the appropriateness/effectiveness of proposed strategies and tactics, with an emphasis on social media.
- Identify and track successful activities, with an emphasis on social media, conducted in the foodservice, retail, and consumer sectors. Share this and other related information across markets.
- Support efforts within the Marketing Department to utilize domestic social media channels to enhance awareness among producer groups, members and other stake holders.
- Monitor social media channels to identify and report on positive/negative media trends and support positive reputation management.
- Monitor internet trends and e-marketing best practices.
- Track social media influence measurements.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, marketing, or related field with emphasis in report/technical writing
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with social media marketing, platforms, tactics and analytics
- Detail oriented and accurate while working under deadlines
- Interest and/or experience working with international markets
- Ability to interpret information from multiple sources and develop “actionable recommendations”
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to a team approach
- Background, college classes or work experience in agriculture or food industry preferred
This position description is not intended to reflect an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
To apply for this position, send a resumé and cover letter to Angela Blankenship.