Overall the flow diagrams look very good and follow the software developed by the U.S. industry and SAIC a few years ago.
The following are a few general comments or questions we have concerning the PHIS process.
- Is there a schedule for implementation of PHIS-Export?
- What is the status of trading partner governments agreeing to accept the PHIS Export documents electronically?
- Will there be a period where export documents will need to be printed from the PHIS system and provided to the foreign governments utilizing current practices?
- Has a timeline been developed for moving from the PHIS “paper” documents to the electronic documents?
The following are a few general comments or questions we have concerning the Corporate Enrollment process.
- Will companies have the ability to do “batch files” directly with FSIS rather than through the internet?
The following are a few general comments or questions we have on 9CFR 322.2 Section E. Providing a duplicate export certificate to the shipper and filing with U.S. Customs.
- This is not a practice that is currently required by all shipping companies. In most cases freight forwarding companies fulfill this requirement, not the direct exporter. We ask FSIS to determine if U.S. Customs requires this procedure from the shipping companies. If needed it could be part of the PHIS options.
USMEF Sr. Vice President