Position Title:Marketing Assistant
Reports To:Senior Vice President, Marketing
Department:#17, International Marketing and Programs
Scope of Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Marketing Assistant mainly relate to administrative support of USMEF’s international marketing program planning and development process. These responsibilities include collaborating closely with USMEF’s Marketing Department and international office staff in assigned markets to: a) support the development of USMEF’s strategic marketing plan, which includes accurate objectives, opportunities/constraints and annual performance measures; b) create and assemble presentations to support funding proposals; c) administrative support for USMEF’s Branded Program; and d) support the Marketing Department and international office staff in assigned markets which includes preparing presentations, conducting research and compiling research information. In carrying out these responsibilities, the Marketing Assistant will work closely with other members of the USMEF staff in Denver and international offices.
- Assist the Marketing Department and international office directors in evaluating USMEF’s marketing strategy in assigned markets, including monthly review of activity and budget plans for assigned markets.
- Work with the Marketing Department and international office directors to ensure opportunities/constraints are accurately described and review strategic performance measures for assigned markets. Engage international offices to further understand and report the appropriateness/effectiveness of proposed strategies, tactics and budgets.
- Prepare draft sections of country/market overviews (Strategic Market Profiles).
- Provide support for Denver staff working on regional market development projects.
- Administrative support for the USMEF Branded Program.
- Draft presentations/proposals for major funding partners.
- Work with Communications Department to identify subject matter for articles and success stories on assigned markets for USMEF distribution.
- Respond to information requests related to USMEF programs or general market conditions in assigned markets.
- Support Lamb Industry programs as requested.
- Prepare daily market report for pork, beef and lamb.
- Assist and review the production of presentation materials and reports.
- Travel may be required.
- Assume other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; marketing, business, journalism or related coursework beneficial Demonstrated ability to think and write clearly
- Proficiency in written communications, correct grammar usage, spelling and punctuation required
- Attention to detail imperative
- Interest and/or experience working with diverse international markets and cultures
- Ability to interpret research and evaluation findings
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills; commitment to a team approach
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite tools with specific emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel, email and internet
- Ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks with flexibility
- Agriculture, meat or related industry background helpful
Note: This position description is not intended to reflect an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.