USMEF international staff members are embedded in the local community and well-known to importers, buyers and government officials. They are skilled in reading the local culture and experienced with the kinds of promotion and outreach that really work. USMEF members with problems or challenges can contact our offices for immediate and expert assistance. They can tell you what the best opportunities are and how to capitalize on them.
Why become a member?One of the benefits of USMEF membership is access to market and trade policy information on www.USMEF.org that is not available to nonmembers and the general public. This information includes USMEF’s strategic market profiles, list of international buyers, original research commissioned by USMEF and technical notes compiled to assist USMEF exporters.
The export resources also contain information on the various beef export verification programs and help with bilingual labeling requirements.
Benefits of USMEF membership include:
- Breaking news and the latest reports of USMEF in-market activities sent directly by e-mail and posted here on www.USMEF.org
- Trade leads published on www.USMEF.org so members can identify potential customers for their products
- Updated lists of buyers and suppliers so members can search for potential contacts in marketing their products
- Participation with USMEF at international trade shows to gain valuable product exposure
- Priority assistance when visiting USMEF international locations
- International market studies and research
- Seminars on technical issues, emerging markets and trade issues
- Assistance with labeling, certification and other export issues
- Notice of export requirement changes
USMEF receives funding and support from USDA, exporting companies and the beef, pork, corn and soybean checkoff programs.
USMEF has nine sectors representing the U.S. production, processing & distribution system:
- Beef Producers
- Pork Producers
- Lamb Producers
- Farm Organizations
- Feedgrain Producers
- Oilseed Producers
- Packers and Processors
- Purveyors and Traders