POSITION TITLE: Technical Services Specialist
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Technical Services
DEPARTMENT: #07, Technical Services
Scope of Responsibilities
The Technical Services Specialist is responsible for coordinating and managing specific activities and services for the Export Services department as assigned by the Sr. Vice President, Technical Services. A primary duty will include managing industry needs, troubleshooting and training on Electronic Export Documentation. Overall responsibilities center on follow-up with all Export Services staff projects, information management, exporter assistance and managing travel for veterinary teams/inspections, department projects and staff.
- Be lead staff in managing industry needs, troubleshooting and training on the USDA eTDE and PHIS-Export software (Electronic Export Documentation).
- Monitor changes in the USDA Export Library and coordinate listing changes in the Exporter Alert with the Communications Department on the USMEF web site under Export Resources.
- Prepare, interpret and discuss any requirements or regulations with Technical Services staff and USDA/FSIS personnel.
- Communicate specifics in USDA export regulations and requirements to USMEF Exporter members as well as U.S. industry exporters.
- Serve as an information specialist for U.S. exporters, respond to questions and assist with resolving problems.
- Provide information to international directors and offices on packer related issues and production information as requested.
- Manage Trade Leads and other information in the Export Resources section on the USMEF web site.
- Coordinate international veterinary team visits.
- Develop funding proposals in cooperation with USMEF International Marketing Programs.
- Manage and coordinate travel arrangements, secure translators, code expense sheets for final approval and draft summary reports.
- Maintain the department information files (MS Share Point) and USMEF web database (Supplier List) on all USMEF Exporter members.
- Serve as liaison for USMEF Exporter Committee; develop Committee reports and meeting minutes.
- Responsible for coding expenses and other budgetary duties.
- Travel as required.
- Very service-oriented with the ability to assist exporter members, staff and government agencies.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; knowledge of animal science and or meat science helpful.
- Very strong computer skills in MS Office and familiar with user interface on web-based programs (i.e. USDA eTDE and PHIS–Export).
- Willingness to work with detailed technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate precisely and clearly (oral and written communications).
- Ability to manage and coordinate detailed travel arrangements.
- Familiarity with USMEF members and ability to work with many disciplines within the industry.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Decision-making capability.
- Must have a “team player” attitude.
No phone calls, please. Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
EEOC: USMEF complies with all equal opportunity, non-discrimination and affirmative action measures applicable to it by contract, government rule or regulation or as otherwise provided by law.