|Position Title:||Trade Analyst|
|Reports To:||Economist and Senior Vice President, Trade Access|
|Department:||#18, Market Access and Analysis|
Scope of Responsibilities
The Trade Analyst serves as the entry level economic and market analyst on the USMEF Denver staff with responsibility for supporting the development of USMEF’s reports and forecasts on conditions in export markets for beef, pork and lamb. In carrying out these responsibilities, the Trade Analyst works closely with other members of the USMEF staff in Denver and the international offices. This is a new position in USMEF’s Denver office reporting to USMEF’s Economist and the Senior Vice President, Trade Access.
- Collect, categorize and manage economic and market data that are used in the production of USMEF’s reports and forecasts on conditions in export markets for beef, pork, and lamb
- Contribute to the semi-annual process of revising USMEF’s production, supply, and distribution tables for beef, pork, and lamb in leading export markets
- Implement procedures to collect and manage economic market data
- Assist with the development of USMEF’s forecasts of beef, pork, and lamb exports to leading foreign markets
- Support USMEF staff in Denver and the international offices in developing and drafting selected components of funding proposals and reports to funding sources
- Assist with the development of presentations by the Economist and other members of the USMEF staff on U.S. red meat exports and the global meat market
- Contribute to USMEF reports on developments in the global red meat market
- Assist the Economist with responding to requests for trade and economic information from USMEF members, affiliates, and staff
- Travel as needed
- Bachelors degree in economics, agricultural economics, business, or a related field
- Experience in economic or market analysis, preferably in an international setting
- Experience working with databases and standard data management and analysis software packages
- Demonstrated ability to think and write clearly
- Analytical temperament that questions orthodox assumptions and explanations
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work under minimal day-to-day supervision
- Team player who is comfortable working in an international organization with colleagues from a range of countries and cultures
Email resume and cover letter to Office Manager Joni Costa.
Note: This position description is not intended to reflect an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
EEOC: USMEF complies with all equal opportunity, non-discrimination and affirmative action measures applicable to it by contract, government rule or regulation or as otherwise provided by law.